5/3/09

Frustrated with church

I am really frustrated with church at Forest Lake. I dearly love the people and John has a pastor's heart, but the sermons are leaving me lacking and the spirit of God has left the place and I just don't know what to do about it. I am frustrated enough not to go anymore and was bored out of my mind this morning. It is like John won't prepare and just rambles. Sue and I left the church shortly after we got married because there was nothing there for us and we were not getting fed at all and I am loving Chrysalis so much and am really getting fed spiritually there and that is really important to me at this point in my life right now. I need the fellowship of people closer to my age and also need the spiritual feeding that I have been getting from David in his messages that I know that he is really agonizing and praying over as well. I love his spirit and his vision for the church and Forest Lake seems to have that same old church mentality and that is really sad because that kind of attitude really just drives people away rather than keeping or drawing them to the church.

No comments: